By using a Kivi-Pekka stone picker, you will be able to avoid causing wear and tear on your other farming machinery. The Kivi-Pekka stone picker will also help increase your crop yield, as there will be no stones to restrict the cutting height when harvesting, prevent harvesting or damage your machinery.
The machine is customized and manufactured according to the customer’s specifications. The KIVI-PEKKA, manufactured by Peltuote in Finland, is suitable for use by small co-operative groups and contractors, thanks to its durability and speed. In addition to field work, the KIVI-PEKKA can also be used for land clearance, road renovation and foundation work, golf courses and landscaping. Kivi-Pekka stone pickers are now sold in 43 countries, where they are used to collect stones from fields covering hundreds of thousands of acres.
- Kivi-Pekka stone pickers do not require a large tractor. 70hp is required for the 4m (157″) working width model, and 80hp is required for the 5m (197″) and 6m (236″) models.
- Maximum stone size is 50cm (20″) in diameter. The KIVI-PEKKA Flex Drum makes it possible to collect larger stones than when using the standard lifting drum. The lifting drum transmission is mounted on its own frame. This allows the frame and entire lifting drum to rise up together, thus making it possible to pick up stones 50 cm(20″) in diameter. The hydraulic pressure accumulator in the Flex Drum assists in raising the lifting drum when it comes upon a large stone. The drum can also be raised into its up position manually using hydraulics. The Flex Drum suspension dampens shocks to the sieve and tines, thus extending their service life. Thanks to the Flex Drum, there is no need to reverse rotation – the drum is simply raised to pick up large stones without having to stop.
- Durability across the machine. Kivi-Pekka is equipped with strengthened drive belts, and power is transmitted to the lifting drum via straight drive belts, which reduces the power requirement. The belts do double duty as an overload protection mechanism, while also absorbing the shock from the stones that come into contact with the machine, thus preventing it from affecting the tractor through the transmission. The belts are highly resistant to wear and tear and require very little maintenance. Because the drivetrain contains no expensive parts that need replacing, the operating costs of the Kivi-Pekka stone picker are kept low.
- Standard tire size 560/60R22.5
- All PTO shafts
- Sieve for the stone tank
- Sieve for the lifting drum
- HD tines for the rotors
- Lifting drum tines
- LED lights and ‘slow-moving vehicle’ warning triangle
- Gauge wheels with walking tandems for 5 and 6-metre models
- Tipping height: 290 cm (114″)
- Hydraulic working depth adjustment
- Tool and spare parts box
- Crow bar
- Other tire options: 710/45R22.5, 700/50R26.5, Walking tandems 500/50R17, Walking tandems 500/55R20
- Hydraulic rotor lift
- Flex Drum for 50 cm(20″) stones
- Extra strong lifting drum tines (13×50)(1/2″x2″)
- Rotation guard
- Scharmuller K80 pick-up hitch
- Gauge wheel walking tandems for 4-metre model
- Hydraulic or pneumatic brakes
|Kivi-Pekka 4||Kivi-Pekka 5||Kivi-Pekka 6||Kivi-Pekka 7|
|Weight||4,000kg / 8,818lbs||5,000kg / 11,023lbs||5,400kg / 11,905lbs||6,540kg / 14,418lbs|
|Working width||400cm / 157"||500cm / 197"||600cm / 236"||700cm / 276"|
|Size of stones||2.5cm-30cm / 1"-12" (up to 50cm / 20" with Flex Drum)||2.5cm-30cm / 1"-12" (up to 50cm / 20" with Flex Drum)||2.5cm-30cm / 1"-12" (up to 50cm / 20" with Flex Drum)||2.5cm-30cm / 1"-12" (up to 50cm / 20" with Flex Drum)|
|Efficiency||700kg (1,543lbs) per minute||1,000kg (2,205lbs) per minute||1,200kg (2,646lbs) per minute||1,400kg (3,086lbs) per minute|
|Tank volume||1.5-2cu. meters (53-71cu. feet)||1.5-2cu. meters (53-71cu. feet)||1.5-2cu. meters (53-71cu. feet)||3cu. meters (106cu. feet)|
|Working speed||1-6km/hr (0.6 - 3.7mph)||1-6km/hr (0.6 - 3.7mph)||1-6km/hr (0.6 - 3.7mph)||1-6km/hr (0.6 - 3.7mph)|
|Lift drum tines||18 tines||28 tines||28 tines||33 tines|
|Tipping height||235cm / 290cm (92" / 114")||235cm / 290cm (92" / 114")||235cm / 290cm (92" / 114")||290cm / 114"|
|Single axle||560/60R22.5, 710/45R22.5, 700/50R26.5||560/60R22.5, 710/45R22.5, 700/50R26.5||560/60R22.5, 710/45R22.5, 700/50R26.5||-|
|Bogey axle||500/55R20, 500/50R17||500/55R20, 500/50R17||500/55R20, 500/50R17||560/60R22.5, 700/45R22|
|Support wheels||195 x 14||195 x 14 bogey||195 x 14 bogey||195 x 14 bogey|
For more information on the Kivi-Pekka rock pickers, contact us at any of our locations today!