New 2021 Kuhn GF222T tedder. The Kuhn GF 222 T trailed rotary tedder is best suited for small farms and is to be used with a low horsepower tractor. This model is economical and highly efficient while maintaining its reliability and longevity. The GF 222 T has all the features required for high quality tedding without being hard to operate. This machine features small-diameter rotors that provide complete turnover and uniform distribution of the hay for unmatched drying speeds. The rotor height and tine angle are easily adjusted to optimize tedding in all crop conditions. Angular wheel adjustment provides oblique tedding at field edges to keep hay from being thrown out of fields or onto fences.
– Small-Diameter Rotors: For those whose goal is to harvest the highest quality crop, there are many advantages: work with a wide angle of attack while turning all of the crop, fast and uniform drying, complete crop inversion, unequaled crop distribution uniformity, exceptional ground adaptation, minimum distance to the center of gravity on mounted tedders for reduced lift requirements and reduced horsepower requirements.
– Tine Length: The asymmetrical tine length with longer outer fingers has several advantages to bring the machine’s tedding quality to perfection. This allows the outer finger to touch the crop earlier compared to symmetrical tines. It also ensures more complete tedding, along borders and between the rotors where the tines overlap more in this sensitive area. Contacting the crop sooner means the actual working width of each rotor is expanded and as a result the entire machine working width is expanded.
– Minimized Maintenance: The rotor housings on the GF222T are meant to last. They are supported by large diameter, double-row angular ball bearings. The thoroughly sealed rotor housing prevents lubricant leaks or introduction of contaminants. The robust mounting of housings to the edge of the rectangular frame maximizes strength and durability.
– Simple Drawbar Attachment: The drawbar-style hitch of the GF222T allows for simple and easy attachment compared to mounted and semi-mounted models.
– 8’6″ working width
– 7’2″ transport width
– 2 rotors with 6 tine arms per rotor
– Drawbar linkage
– 540 PTO
– Weighs approx. 496lbs
– 20hp minimum tractor required