New 2021 Kuhns AF4 bale accumulator. The AF4 is a 4-bale flat accumulator that arranges the bales on their strings 4 wide and 1 long.
Kuhns AF4 Overview:
– Kuhns smallest accumulator.
– Handles bales from 32″ to 48″ long
– Bundle dimensions are 72″ wide and length can vary, depending on bale dimensions.
– The AF4 4 bale accumulator is the solution for hay production around 6,000 bales or less per year.
– Can handle 14×18″ and 16×18″ bales from 32″ to 48″ long at whatever density is needed, with no adjustments.
– The two bale length allows for narrower wagons or for longer bales than the models that arrange the bales 3 long.
– If your bales are 36″ long, you can cross stack the bales with the EGF8 grabber.
– The low weight requirement for the grabber allows for the use of a small loader.
– Working Dimensions: 155″ L x 88″ W x 84″ H AF4
– Working Weight: 1300 lb
How the Accumulator Works:
The innovative design of the accumulator allows it to be fully automatic without the use of hydraulics or electronics. Using excess energy from the baler plunger, the bales are pushed up and out the top of the front chute. There is no extra pressure applied to the plunger and the chute does not deform the bales. As gravity moves the bales downward, the last bale in each row swings a gate to open the next row. The last bale in the grab opens the back gate. As the accumulator unloads itself, springs and counterweights automatically return all of the gates back to their starting position, ready for the next bale.
Set up your baler in 4 easy steps: bolt on the bale chamber extension, adjust the hitch to the correct position, trim the guide belt to the proper length, and loosen the pressure in the bale chamber to compensate for the back pressure caused by pushing the bales up the chute.