Ever since we installed our first solar system in 2011, our growth and demand for solar has been tremendous. As we continue to grow the business, we have decided to make a new website dedicated to our exclusive SolarCAM solar system. Check it out at www.solarcam.us!
This is a solar panel system presentation covering current topics on solar energy, solar systems, storage solutions, and what changes are happening in the solar industry today. Presented by Jim Straeter, President of Ag Technologies Inc. and inventor of the SolarCAM ground-mount solar system.
Video Table of Contents:
- About Ag Technologies Inc and Current State of the Solar Business (0min 10sec)
- How Does Solar Work? (3min 58sec)
- What Makes SolarCAM Systems Unique and Better? (6min 37sec)
- Importance of the Sun’s Path (7min 53sec)
- Adjusting a SolarCAM Solar System (13min 20sec)
- SolarWorld Panels (16min 25sec)
- What’s in a SolarWorld Panel (18min 10sec)
- Importance of Warranty Policies (22min 14sec)
- Enphase Micro-Inverters vs. String Inverters (24min 34sec)
- Rapid Shutdown Policy and Smart Inverters (28min 44sec)
- System Monitoring with Enphase (31min 5sec)
- Current State of Battery Storage Options (33min 34sec)
- Next Gen Energy Storage Solution – Hydrogen (40min 20sec)
- Hydrogen Powered Tractors Coming (47min 54sec)
- SolarCAM System vs. the Competition (48min 47sec)
- Cash Flow Worksheet (56min 24sec)
- Our Certifications (57min 46sec)
- SolarCAM Stand Design Upgrades (58min 10sec)
- Conclusion (1hr 1min 55sec)
For more information regarding solar systems, contact Ag Technologies at 574-224-8324.
New Holland Precision Land Management (PLM) representative Britney Salmon will be on hand to discuss several of the latest topics on precision farming, including:
This meeting will be a great opportunity to learn about the latest in farming technology, how you can save time and money on these products while increasing your bottom line, and ask any questions to the experts in precision farming!
- Who: Anyone interested in precision farming as none of the discussion topics are brand-specific
- When: Tuesday, Feb. 20th, 2018, 9-11am
- Where: Ag Technologies Inc., 1268 E 100 S Rochester, IN 46975
This meeting is open to the public and is in conjunction with our Open House event. Please RSVP to Ag Technologies at 574-224-8324 to help us accommodate for attendance.
Open House is the best time to buy twine and net wrap for the upcoming hay season. The New Holland plastic twine that we offer is produced in facilities which are ISO 9001:2008 and ISO 14001:2004 certified, and are made in the USA.
As part of our Open House, we have specially-priced all of our fluids. Here is a list of our most popular fluids and pricing:
Our customers have been telling us for years that we offer the best bulk Diesel Exhaust Fluid (DEF) pricing around. Even our 2.5gal containers, which are popular for diesel truck owners, are priced better than the big box stores trying to sell it such as Walmart! We expect to continue that trend with our 2018 DEF pricing:
DEF is very corrosive, so proper storage is important. We offer a variety of sold DEF containers. Speak with our parts department today for more details on our fluids pricing and all of the savings we are offering during our Open House!
Join us at any of our upcoming solar meetings and learn why solar is one of the hottest trends for farmers and businesses. This will be an educational meeting for people interested in installing a solar system to learn about solar energy, why it’s been so popular the last couple of years, and what sets our system apart from others. Feel free to bring a recent electric bill with you to help determine if you are in a good position to take advantage of reducing or eliminating your electric cost. If solar makes sense for you, now is the best time to take advantage of the 30% federal tax credit!
2/19/18 – 6pm – Ag Technologies Inc. – 1268 E 100 S – Rochester, Indiana 46975
2/23/18 – 2pm – New Holland Tri-County, Inc. – 2675 S St. Rd. 1 – Bluffton, Indiana 46714
3/2/18 – 2pm – New Holland Richmond, Inc. – 3100 Industries Rd. – Richmond, Indiana 47374
Call us at 574-224-8324 to RSVP so we can accommodate for the expected number of attendees.
Ag Technologies Inc is proud to be an Authorized SolarWorld Installer.
As America’s solar leader for more than 35 years, SolarWorld maximizes any solar investment with proven, American-made quality, reliability and durability. SolarWorld panels are widely recognized as the industry standard in quality — the result of the company’s commitment to research and development, quality materials and manufacturing excellence.
It is that time of the year again for our Open House events – which means great products on display, huge parts discounts to take advantage of, and a hot meal with friendly farmers. Open House has always been customer appreciation day. Along with providing a free meal and giving away door prizes, we will be offering the best parts discounts of the season, with savings up to 15% off! See other special priced parts and discounts in the rest of this mailer or get in touch with our parts department for full details!
Product representatives will be on hand for the majority of the lines that we carry with their latest equipment offerings on display. Come to any Open House event to learn about the newest technologies in the farming industry!
Upcoming Schedule of Events
|Date and Time||Event||Location|
|2/19/18 - 6pm||Ag Technologies Solar Meeting||New Holland Rochester, 1260 E 100 S Rochester, IN 46975|
|2/20/18 - 9am - 11am||Ag Technologies Precision Farming Meeting||Ag Technologies, 1268 E 100 S Rochester, IN 46975|
|2/20/18 - 9:30am - 3pm||Rochester / Ag Technologies Open House (Lunch 11-1)||New Holland Rochester, 1260 E 100 S Rochester, IN 46975|
|2/23/18 - 9:30am - 3pm||Rodkey New Holland Open House (Lunch 11-1)||Rodkey New Holland, 3340 W St Rd 26, Rossville, IN 46065|
|2/23/18 - 9am - 11am||New Holland Tri-County Applicator License Meeting||New Holland Tri-County, 2675 S St Rd 1 Bluffton, IN 46714|
|2/23/18 - 11am - 3pm||New Holland Tri-County Open House (Lunch 12-2)||New Holland Tri-County, 2675 S St Rd 1 Bluffton, IN 46714|
|2/23/18 - 2pm||New Holland Tri-County Solar Meeting||New Holland Tri-County, 2675 S St Rd 1 Bluffton, IN 46714|
|2/28/18 - 9:30am - 3pm||New Holland Greentown Open House (Lunch 11-1)||New Holland Greentown, 532 E Uncle Tom Greentown, IN 46936|
|3/2/18 - 9:30am - 3pm||New Holland Richmond Open House (Lunch 11-1)||New Holland Richmond, 3100 Industries Rd, Richmond, IN 47374|
|3/2/18 - 10am - noon||New Holland Richmond Hay Clinic||New Holland Richmond, 3100 Industries Rd, Richmond, IN 47374|
|3/2/18 - 2pm||New Holland Richmond Solar Meeting||New Holland Richmond, 3100 Industries Rd, Richmond, IN 47374|
|3/6/18 - 9:30am - 3pm||New Holland Logansport Open House (Lunch 11:30-1:30)||New Holland Logansport, 2079 S US 35 Logansport, IN 46947|
During the end of January 2018, New Holland held a New Holland National Meeting in Orlando, Florida. New Holland Rochester was recognized during the meeting along with 5 other North American New Holland dealers as exemplary dealers for the brand.
A few of the most notable bullet points listed as to why New Holland Rochester has been a standout New Holland dealer included:
- Becoming a New Holland self-propelled sprayer dealer when a partnership was formed with Miller sprayers in 2014, who New Holland eventually purchased
- Becoming a Kongskilde tillage dealer in 2017 shortly after the Kongskilde tillage and hay line was purchased by New Holland.
- Investing in 5 RTK+ base stations throughout Indiana in 2016 for cellular guidance, contributing to New Holland’s efforts of covering the U.S. with a cellular signal to provide sub-inch accuracy for autoguidance.
- Investing in a new location. In 2017, New Holland Centerville was renamed New Holland Richmond thanks to relocating the dealership in Centerville to the new building in Richmond. New Holland Richmond is located along Interstate 70 at 3100 Industries Rd. Richmond, IN 47374.
New Holland had 95% of its North American dealers in attendance for the meeting, titled “Shift to the Future” as New Holland recently announced their industry-exclusive Dynamic Command 24×24 transmission, winner of an ASABE 2018 award. This feature also led to the award winning New Holland T6.175 Dynamic Command™ tractor being crowned “Machine of the Year” 2018 in the Mid Class Tractor category at the Agritechnica trade show in Hanover, Germany.
New Holland, Pa. (August 29, 2017) – New Holland Agriculture is expanding its acclaimed T6 tractor series with the new T6 Dynamic Command™. The new T6.145, T6.155, T6.165, and T6.175 Dynamic Command models are the only tractors in this segment featuring the new 8 step semi-powershift dual clutch transmission on the market, providing operators with a new option to further improve their productivity. The new transmission reduces the number and improves the quality of gear shifts during operation, making these tractors a valuable asset to the fleets of dairy and livestock producers, hay and forage operations, and row crop farmers.
“The T6 Dynamic Command was developed directly as a result of key customer input,” said Daniel Valen, Director of Product Marketing for New Holland North America. “While many customers liked the Electro Command™ transmission, they were looking for more gears in each working range, a more efficient shuttle, and of course, an affordable price. We were able to deliver on these requests with the T6 Dynamic Command.”
With these new models, New Holland provides its customers with even more choices. Customers who are looking for an entry-level tractor for use in the yard and light field applications can opt for the T6 16×16 Electro Command™ with 4 step semi-powershift; those requiring a multipurpose tractor for tillage, haying applications, and loader work can choose the new T6 24×24 Dynamic Command; and customers who are looking for luxury performance when exact speeds are critical can find the perfect solution in the award-winning T6 Auto Command™ with continuously variable transmission.
The all new 24×24 Dynamic Command transmission allows the tractor to use less power during operation when compared to the Electro Command transmission, meaning the customer sees higher work rates with less fuel usage. At the heart of the 3 range, 8 step semi-powershift transmission is a dual clutch concept, similar to that which operates the seamless range shifting in the New Holland Auto Command transmission.
The new features of the T6 Dynamic Command make a full day’s work easy by increasing productivity and decreasing fatigue, meaning operators can get more done in less time while staying more comfortable.
• Dynamic StartStop: the new brake to clutch feature improves the ease of operation when the tractor is stopping frequently, typically front end loader operation. Simply press the brake pedal and the tractor will slow and come to a stop, there’s no need to engage neutral or depress the clutch pedal. Release the brake and the drive is reengaged, for simple and efficiency-boosting automation.
• Smart Range Shift: will always put you in the correct gear when making a range shift, any overlap gears from one range to the next are skipped giving sequential ratios and rapid
• Auto Shift: making the operator experience even simpler, this entry level of automation feature allows the tractor to shift gears on its own based on an adjustable engine speed threshold. Depending on the task, the operator chooses how much the engine speed can reduce before a gear change is made.
• Ground Speed Management: this advanced automation feature allows an operator to select and maintain the target ground speed. Ground speed management reduces fatigue and fuel consumption by automatically shifting and throttling up or back as needed, based on load.
• Adjustable Shuttle Aggression: some tasks require the smoothest forward-reverse shuttling while sometimes the priority is faster direction change. The T6 Dynamic Command tractor lets you select between three aggression levels for the best performance possible.
• Dynamic IntelliShift™ System: as the brains behind each gear shift, the Dynamic IntelliShift system analyzes engine speed, transmission shaft speeds, ground speed, load and even oil temperature to ensure each shift is as smooth and seamless as possible.
• Kick Down: For the most rapid acceleration, just press the throttle fully and your T6 tractor automatically downshifts to provide you with peak power for more productivity through the day.
• Transport Power Management™: when travelling more than 14 MPH, the TPM system switches the T6 Dynamic Command engine to a power curve with a different profile that concentrates more power at higher engine revolutions for more consistent tractor acceleration rates.
Two versions of the SideWinder™ II armrest, New Holland’s multi-award-winning console, are available to controlling the T6 Dynamic Command. Choose from either electronic hydraulic remote valves or mechanical valves. For the mechanical option, the integrated control panel has been repositioned to the front of the armrest to provide unobstructed access to the mechanical remote levers on the right hand side.
The CommandGrip™ multifunction handle is taken from the Auto Command CVT tractors. Pushing the force-based version of the CommandGrip forward will shift up gears, and pull backward to down gears. Engage reverse and the logic cleverly reverses, pulling backward upshifts, a common logic to the established speed control on the Auto Command. While operating in Ground Speed Management mode, pushing forward will accelerate the tractor towards the requested target speed, pulling backward decelerates the tractor.
To create the perfect front end loader tractor the T6 can now be specified with CustomSteer™, a new variable ratio steering feature that delivers the full maneuverability of the T6 with reduced turns of the steering wheel. Repetitive maneuvering while loading is made easy, just one rotation of the steering wheel can turn the steering fully from left to right while still maintaining precise control. Add in the brake to clutch feature, a high flow hydraulic pump, an advanced loader joystick with transmission controls, the high visibility roof and you can see why the T6 Dynamic Command is perfect loading tractor.
The T6 Dynamic Command can be offered with ISOBUS Class 3 capability.
Hitched to a New Holland round baler with IntelliBale™, the baler can stop the tractor when a bale is formed, eject the bale and close the tailgate. The driver simply presses the shuttle button to resume baling.
New Holland’s philosophy is that advanced features should deliver benefits and not bring complication for the operator. Ease of use is a fundamental design criteria and the T6 Dynamic Command is no exception to this rule.
New Holland, Pa. (November 13, 2017) – The American Society of Agricultural and Biological Engineers (ASABE) has named five of New Holland Agriculture’s most recent technological advancements as recipients of 2018 AE50 awards. The AE50 awards honor the year’s most innovative designs in engineering products or systems for the food and agriculture industries. The Dynamic Command™ transmission for T6 series tractors, the CustomSteer™ feature for select T6 and T7 tractors, the IntelliTurn™ end of row turning automation feature, the Optispread Plus™ residue management system for CR combines, and the Guardian™ SP310F high clearance self-propelled front boom sprayer are this year’s winners.
“The New Holland brand strives to provide practical innovations to help our customers operate at the highest levels of productivity and efficiency, and these five AE50 award-winning products truly embody that concept,” said Bret Lieberman, Vice President for New Holland North America. “I am proud of the New Holland Agriculture team here in the United States and around the world for their ability to continue to deliver products and technologies that are honored with the AE50 distinction from ASABE, and we look forward to continue to perform at this level in the future.”
- The Dynamic Command™ is a 24 x 24 semi-powershift dual clutch transmission available for T6 series 4-cylinder tractors – an industry-exclusive for tractors in the 95 to 120 PTO horsepower range. By providing 8 gears in 3 ranges, the speed overlap between the ranges has been designed to allow operators to select the most suitable for their application and remain within that range until the task in completed, with no disruption in power to the ground. There is also a dedicated clutch for forward and reverse, ensuring a controlled power shuttle, even on steep hills.Both the speed overlap and the dedicated forward/reverse shuttle clutch features create more comfortable working environment for the operator while using less fuel. The combination of all of these features allows the operator to work comfortably with the minimum amount of input and provide best in class performance and productivity.
- CustomSteer™, a new optional feature for T6 and T7 series tractors that reduces the numbers of turns of the steering wheel required by the operator. CustomSteer makes maneuvering the tractor while loading easier and less repetitive, just one rotation of the steering wheel can turn the steering fully from left to right while still maintaining precise control.
- IntelliTurn™ end-of-row turning automation raises the bar for in-field efficiency by executing end-of-row turns on behalf of the operator in even the most challenging field shapes. Since its introduction, IntelliTurn has been recognized for its industry-leading adaptability, working in all field types at varying speeds to improve productivity and reduce operator fatigue. IntelliTurn is a technology born from the NHDRIVE concept autonomous tractor, and has been proven to be a highly valuable feature for customers today. It is currently available on T6, T7, T8, and T9 tractors, with plans to roll out to additional products in the future. Call Eli Fred with Ag Technologies at 574-224-8324 for more information!
- Optispread Plus™ residue management system for New Holland CR combines provides an improved residue spreading solution to combine operators, delivering excellent chopping performance and even spreading of the residue over the width of current and future combine headers. The patented system provides four main benefits to New Holland customers. First, it finely chops residue, allowing it to decompose and fertilize fields more quickly than previous and competitive systems. Second, it provides an even distribution of residue, reducing potential yield loss. Third, it spreads the residue across the entire width of the combine head. And finally, all these features are made possible via in-cab adjustments, allowing the operator to easily select spreading width, spreading pattern, and wind compensation without having to leave his seat. Here is a video demonstrating this system:
- The Guardian SP310F high clearance self-propelled front boom sprayer is the first model that was engineered and built as a result of New Holland’s acquisition of the Miller-St. Nazianz company. Boasting an industry-leading crop clearance of up to 78 inches, the Guardian SP310F was designed to give operators the flexibility to spray effectively in all crops and during all stages of crop growth – from short beans to late-season corn. To further enhance productivity, the suspension can be adjusted in the cab from 72 to 78 inches, depending on the needs of the operator. It also features a completely redesigned suspension, an FPT engine, a newly designed cab, and even weight distribution to reduce soil compaction and maintain traction.
Companies from around the world submit entries to ASABE’s annual AE50 competition and up to 50 of the best products are chosen by a panel of international engineering experts. The judges select innovative products that will best advance engineering for the food and agriculture industries.
Each of the five New Holland winners will be featured in the January/February 2018 special issue of ASABE’s magazine Resource: Engineering & Technology for a Sustainable World, a magazine geared to agricultural, biological and food system engineers worldwide, produced by ASABE. Read more at www.asabe.org/Resource.
ASABE is an international scientific and educational organization dedicated to the advancement of engineering applicable to agricultural, food, and biological systems. Further information on the Society can be obtained by visiting www.asabe.org/
For more details visit www.asabe.org/AE50.